97th District Court - Keweenaw
Monday - Friday: 9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Closed Legal Holidays
Roxanne Billing, Magistrate
Keith Anderson, Probation Officer
906-482-0066 ext. 3
Services & Information
The District Court system in Michigan was established in 1968. It is limited by statutes which outline the functions of this court. District Court is the first level of court for both civil and criminal actions.
- Misdemeanors where punishment does not exceed one year in jail
- First appearance and preliminary examinations on felony cases
- Sets and accepts bail on felony and misdemeanor cases
- Accepts all payments for fines and costs from probationers
- Traffic civil infraction and non-traffic civil infraction matters
- Small claims up to $6,000
- Civil litigation up to $25,000
- Landlord/Tenant, Garnishments, EvictionsFelony Criminal Matters
For more information see: District Court Clerk
There are 2 forms available for your convenience:
Links and Q&A
How much is my traffic ticket and how many points?
Fines & Costs may be updated/changed without notice. Please contact the Court.
How do I pay my fines?
Mail check or money order payable to 97th District Court.
Credit and debit card payments are accepted.
Contact the Court
How do I contact the Court?
Where do I get Small Claims or Landlord Tenant Forms?
Click here to access forms.
How do I get legal advice?
You can visit Michigan Legal Help.
Posted January 27, 2023
Posted November 10, 2022